ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies
The ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies (ACTBSSS) is a statutory authority responsible for the certification of senior secondary school studies in government and non-government schools in the Australian Capital Territory.
Between 1976 and 1998 the Board operated under the Schools Authority Act. In 1998, legislation was enacted to give the Board the status of a statutory authority. This formalised and defined its roles and responsibilities in senior secondary education in the ACT.
The ACT BSSS develops policy to ensure that all colleges have common
- course accreditation processes
- processes regarding unit assessment and awarding of unit grades
- calculation of unit and course scores
- content and distribution of Unit Outlines
- late submission of work policy
- attendance policy
- appeal processes