C/- Office of the Board of Senior Secondary Studies
GPO Box 158
Canberra ACT 2601
Office of the Board of Senior Secondary Studies
Building B, Level 1
Woden ACT 2606
Phone: 6205 7181
Public Interest Disclosure (PID)
For information on how to submit a public interest disclosure, please visit this page.
Freedom of Information
The ACT Freedom of Information Act 2016 (the ACT FOI Act) came into effect on 1 January 2018. Each ACT Government agency is responsible for responding to FOI access applications that relate to their functions or roles and has obligations to provide public access to government information.
The ACT FOI Act:
- provides a right of access to government information unless access to the information would, on balance, be contrary to the public interest;
- recognises the importance of public access to government information for the proper working of representative democracy;
- enables the public to participate more effectively in government processes and to promote improved decision-making within government;
- makes the people and bodies that are responsible for governing the Territory more accountable to the public;
- ensures that, to the fullest extent possible, government information is freely and publicly available to everyone;
- facilitates and promotes, promptly and at the lowest reasonable cost, the disclosure of the maximum amount of government information; and
- ensures that personal information held by the Territory is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and not misleading.
The ACT FOI Act requires the publication of a disclosure log providing information about freedom of information requests received by us, except for requests for personal information.
Information required to be published on the disclosure log will be included within 3-10 working days after the decision notice is provided to the applicant.
Documents provided to an applicant under the ACT Freedom of Information Act 1989 are published on the ACT Open Government website in accordance with the ACT Government’s Online FOI Publication policy.
Date of publication
Fees paid or waived
Time spent on application
Ombudsman decision (if relevant)
ACAT decision (if relevant)
Date of application
Date of decision
BSSS 022 001
7 March 2022
Documents relating to the aggregate scores with each ATAR score for the Year 12 cohort for 2020. Equivalent documents for previous years have been made available in previous FOI requests with reference numbers EDU_2018_002 and EDU_2020_007.
22 March 2022
19 April 2022
BSSS 021 001
20 August 2021
Documents regarding the decision-making process and final decisions regarding student assessment during the remote learning period of 2021 (which started specifically on 20 August 2021). Specifically, documents containing decisions regarding whether students will be assessed similarly to the remote learning period in 2020, where they received an "S" grade for that school semester.
17 September 2021
30 September 2021
Feedback and Complaints
The BSSS encourages and welcomes both positive and negative feedback and is committed to responding to complaints in a timely and positive manner.
This enables staff, students, parents and community members to contribute to the BSSS' continuous improvement strategy.