Overseas Educational Equivalence
People with completed secondary educational qualifications gained overseas may apply to the Board Secretariat office to have their qualifications assessed. The assessment does not give the applicant a new certificate or diploma: the applicant is issued with a statement giving the equivalent Australian Capital Territory standard of her/his educational qualifications.
Which qualifications are not recognised?
- Incomplete studies
- Awards gained from post-secondary studies, e.g. certificates of adult preparation
- Awards from private institutions not recognised by educational authorities in the country of origin
- Technical, professional, trade qualifications that are not part of secondary studies.
How do I apply?
In person to the Board Secretariat Office, located at:
Building B, Level 1 (Lift 2)
WODEN ACT 2606
What documentation is required?
- Certificate(s) of the qualification – in original language and certified English translation. Bring the originals with you.
- Proof of name change (if applicable)
- Photo identification
The charge for this service is itemised on the Application for Equivalence Form.
- Application for Equivalence (204 KB)
Telephone enquiries may be directed to:
ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies
Tel: + 61 02 6205 9167