Overseas Educational Equivalence
People with completed secondary educational qualifications (Year 11 and 12) gained overseas may apply to the Board Secretariat office to have their qualifications assessed. The assessment does not give the applicant a new certificate or diploma: the applicant is issued with a statement giving the equivalent Australian Capital Territory standard of her/his educational qualifications.
Which qualifications are not recognised?
- Incomplete studies
- Awards gained from post-secondary studies, e.g. certificates of adult preparation
- Awards from private institutions not recognised by educational authorities in the country of origin
- Technical, professional, trade qualifications that are not part of secondary studies.
How do I apply?
In person to the Board Secretariat Office, located at:
Building B, Level 1 (Lift 2)
WODEN ACT 2606
What documentation is required?
- Certificate(s) of the qualification – in original language and certified English translation. Bring the originals with you.
- Proof of name change (if applicable)
- Photo identification
The charge for this service is itemised on the Application for Equivalence Form.
- Application for Equivalence (808 KB)
Telephone enquiries may be directed to:
ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies
Tel: + 61 02 6205 9167